Is your birthday coming up?
Are you worried that the day will just go by like a regular day in quarantine? Do you feel like you’re wasting what could’ve been the best day of your 2020 because it’s not appropriate to celebrate while the world is worried sick about the future?
Well you’re dead wrong. In this day in age, celebrating your birthday in the midst of a pandemic could be a little extra. While it is true that splurging on this day will give you a little bit of guilt feeling which doesn’t make celebrating worth it, there could also be a lot of advantages.
Here are the top 3 reasons why you should be happy you’re spending your natal day in quarantine:
1. Everybody, in one way or another, has luxury of time. — People may or may not be working from home and has some downtime within the day that they alot for social media. And just like how you most of the time are reminded of your friend’s birthdays, they most definitely wouldn’t miss your facebook birthday reminder. Hence you can have the most number of greetings this year! This whole pandemic situation has also been emotionally charged so people can’t help but be extra thoughtful so you may find yourself receiving cakes and other goodies’ delivered right in front of your doorsteps. Long lost friends and even exes may even slide into your direct messages so don’t be surprised.
2. Use of Technology — As much as we would like to throw a birthday bash with lots of guests, we are compelled to keep this occasion on a down low. But good thing about this worldwide disruption happening in 2020 is that we have the sophistication of technology. Zoom meetings are being used nowadays in professional settings but who says you can’t turn it into a bar and share a drink or two with your friends while in it or you can try the new Facebook Rooms.
It’s the closest thing to catching up in real life that you wouldn’t really feel the distance after hours of chatting and screen sharing. Another advantage of an online get together is that you get to spend your day with your family and friends who won’t be able to attend to begin with should you have an actual party due to location, other obligations or a bunch of other excuses they may tell you the next day when they apologize. And most importantly, no pile of dishes to wash!
3. Last but not the least, you can save a lot of money. — If there’s anything this unprecedented event has taught us, it’s to be more practical in every single way. So if you’re a kind of person who usually throws lavish parties, or has a tradition of buying yourself a well-deserved fancy jewelry on your birthday, then this is the time to save your money for more important things. It may even be the time to give back to the community by donating to certain causes important to you, or spend the day giving away packed lunches to frontliners or less fortunate ones. For all you know, that selfless feeling of doing something for other people on the only day that you feel is supposed to be about you may be the best birthday gift you can give yourself.
Today’s blog is all about our first day at work, our very first time to do bridal works
Here is our set up for our makeup, i decided to bring just the essentials. no extra, no extra fabulous set up, all makeup kits are personalized per client, since i will be doing the bridal makeup and the moms.
Days before the wedding, actually weeks, i started planning, pano gagawin namin pag nagstart na ang mga events namin?
So i created a guidelines with the help of other bridal makeup artists, friends in the industry and people from medical field, i seek for additional insights on how to this an that and checked information online as well. its very important to me to plan this ahead so as if magka events ready na ako at ng team ko.
Honestly, i dont have any plans of accepting any events muna until we are pandemic ready.
So here comes the big day of my bride, sakto kakalift lang ng lockdown from MECQ to GCQ!
Now, its time to face my fears! kailangan ng lumaban.
For our makeup set up, here are the things i considered;
1. The flow of makeup, time line and skeds
2. Products to be used. Kailangan personalized, para mas konti ang dala
3. Individual sets of brushes, including airbrush guns, disposable makeup tools and one makeup kit per client to avoid cross contamination.
4. I even use small containers to depot items like foundation, concealer, lipstick, picked specifically for that client.
5. Prepare our protective gears; face shields, face mask and gloves (as needed)
Here’s the vlog of what happened on the actual day! #makeupbytoniaviles #toniavilesbride
3 Ways To Carry Yourself During Quarantine and Come Out Stronger
It’s been a month and a half now since the president declared lockdown in the metro and some parts of the country due to Covid-19. For some, it has been devastatingly challenging because of lack of income and essential privileges. Others feel helpless being stuck at home with nothing else to do but feel every inch of the creeping anxiety brought about by this pandemic. We are indeed in a very unique situation right now. Even experts can’t believe we are experiencing it in this lifetime, given all the technology and scientific resources we have in this world at the moment. Good news is, this might be a big turning point in your life. For you to realize a lot of things about yourself and how you would want to cope with the “new normal” after all this worldwide disruption. You can actually use this time to turn things around, and come out from this situation with a fresh outlook in life. For all we know this could be a game changer for all of us.
So we came up with 3 Live Love Lande ways to handle ECQ like a boss, spending this season in the most life changing and productive way possible.
LIVE | Learn a new skill
Learning is a continuous process as they say. So what’s keeping you from learning something new that’s completely out of your usual daily task or routine? We all know the answer. Time. Something that’s now being willingly handed over to us by this ECQ. Aquiring new skillset is the most beneficial thing you can do to yourself at this time, both mentally and emotionally. Not only will it promote intellectual stimulation, which your brain absolutely needs given our situation, but it’s also a good confidence booster knowing that you are able to add another competency to your list of life-long acquired abilities. Also, what good will it do when you pick up that recipe you’ve watched from youtube? Or when you start practicing how to contour your face? Or create a makeup look for your work from home meetings? It allows you to connect more with people. People of the same interests, or even people who can now learn from you. Remember, learning doesn’t stop with you as a learner, as you will then bear the responsibility to share and pass it on to others. Only then you can maximize it’s benefits.
Here are some of the links where you can learn new skills
LOVE | Self-care means loving yourself more
Admit it. There are certain aspects about yourself that you have been neglecting all these years. It could be your skin, your health, that book you bought last year you haven’t gotten around to, or even your sleep. You may have been busy with work and everything that’s going on that you tend to sacrifice some important things, how little they may seem, that you do for YOU. Now is your chance to rekindle that relationship you have with yourself. This could even be your time to figure out your future game plans and the strategies you want to take to achieve your goals. You can write them down if you want. What are the things you have been depriving yourself lately? May it be physically, mentally, emotionally or even spiritually, that this luxury of time that we now have allows you to do? Go catch up on your sleep, meditate, read your book, do home workouts, practice different make up looks based on your outfits, pray, pray hard, listen to podcasts. You’ll be surprised with the number of ways you can spoil yourself in the comfort of your own home without any judgment and pressure from the outside world. You’ll just have to listen to that inner voice you’ve been pretending not to hear for a long time.
LANDE | Make memories with your loved ones
We know that this isn’t really the time to have fun. But if there’s anything that this crisis is strongly suggesting is that we need to cherish every moment we have with our dear family and friends, simply because tomorrow is not promised.
This gives you the chance to reconnect with them and make up for the lost time. You used to long for the weekend and holidays to spend time with them — now here’s your almost 2-month weekend slash holidays combined.
You can even do the first two mentioned ways: Self care and Learning a new skill, together with them. Or find ways to help out or donate to our frontliners to make it even more relevant and useful.
Play with your kids, wash the car with your dad, cut your best friend’s hair, cook with your mom. Not everyone has been blessed these days with the privilege of fighting Covid-19 together as a family, completely healthy and safe.
Whatever it is you decide to spend your time on, always reflect and appreciate every single minute of it. Use it to show gratitude that you are in a situation where life is just letting you rewrite your story differently, while others’ are ending. Instead of viewing it as a tragedy, see it as learning opportunity to become a better version of yourself so you can move forward with the world and make it a better place to live in.
Words by Jerico Siervo