Is your birthday coming up?
Are you worried that the day will just go by like a regular day in quarantine? Do you feel like you’re wasting what could’ve been the best day of your 2020 because it’s not appropriate to celebrate while the world is worried sick about the future?
Well you’re dead wrong. In this day in age, celebrating your birthday in the midst of a pandemic could be a little extra. While it is true that splurging on this day will give you a little bit of guilt feeling which doesn’t make celebrating worth it, there could also be a lot of advantages.
Here are the top 3 reasons why you should be happy you’re spending your natal day in quarantine:
1. Everybody, in one way or another, has luxury of time. — People may or may not be working from home and has some downtime within the day that they alot for social media. And just like how you most of the time are reminded of your friend’s birthdays, they most definitely wouldn’t miss your facebook birthday reminder. Hence you can have the most number of greetings this year! This whole pandemic situation has also been emotionally charged so people can’t help but be extra thoughtful so you may find yourself receiving cakes and other goodies’ delivered right in front of your doorsteps. Long lost friends and even exes may even slide into your direct messages so don’t be surprised.
2. Use of Technology — As much as we would like to throw a birthday bash with lots of guests, we are compelled to keep this occasion on a down low. But good thing about this worldwide disruption happening in 2020 is that we have the sophistication of technology. Zoom meetings are being used nowadays in professional settings but who says you can’t turn it into a bar and share a drink or two with your friends while in it or you can try the new Facebook Rooms.
It’s the closest thing to catching up in real life that you wouldn’t really feel the distance after hours of chatting and screen sharing. Another advantage of an online get together is that you get to spend your day with your family and friends who won’t be able to attend to begin with should you have an actual party due to location, other obligations or a bunch of other excuses they may tell you the next day when they apologize. And most importantly, no pile of dishes to wash!
3. Last but not the least, you can save a lot of money. — If there’s anything this unprecedented event has taught us, it’s to be more practical in every single way. So if you’re a kind of person who usually throws lavish parties, or has a tradition of buying yourself a well-deserved fancy jewelry on your birthday, then this is the time to save your money for more important things. It may even be the time to give back to the community by donating to certain causes important to you, or spend the day giving away packed lunches to frontliners or less fortunate ones. For all you know, that selfless feeling of doing something for other people on the only day that you feel is supposed to be about you may be the best birthday gift you can give yourself.
In lieu of today’s celebration of Philippine Independence, we are beyond ecstatic to announce the launch of another amazing Filipino brand conceptualized and designed by one of the most in demand events stylists in the country, Dave Sandoval.
is a curated floral arrangement of handpicked locally grown flowers perfect for any kind of mood and occasion. The idea behind the brand simply came from the Philippines’ abundance of natural resources especially it’s vast flora In addition to being an ode to Dave’s mother who had serious passion for flowers, it was also his way of giving back to our struggling local farmers and the craftsmanship behind this product.
Today, as we take pride in our well-fought Independence, let us all support our home grown products and brands. It’s time we breathe and live local.
For more inquiries, you may check instagram @eventstylistdave | or contact thru 0917 701 8178
Today’s blog is all about our first day at work, our very first time to do bridal works
Here is our set up for our makeup, i decided to bring just the essentials. no extra, no extra fabulous set up, all makeup kits are personalized per client, since i will be doing the bridal makeup and the moms.
Days before the wedding, actually weeks, i started planning, pano gagawin namin pag nagstart na ang mga events namin?
So i created a guidelines with the help of other bridal makeup artists, friends in the industry and people from medical field, i seek for additional insights on how to this an that and checked information online as well. its very important to me to plan this ahead so as if magka events ready na ako at ng team ko.
Honestly, i dont have any plans of accepting any events muna until we are pandemic ready.
So here comes the big day of my bride, sakto kakalift lang ng lockdown from MECQ to GCQ!
Now, its time to face my fears! kailangan ng lumaban.
For our makeup set up, here are the things i considered;
1. The flow of makeup, time line and skeds
2. Products to be used. Kailangan personalized, para mas konti ang dala
3. Individual sets of brushes, including airbrush guns, disposable makeup tools and one makeup kit per client to avoid cross contamination.
4. I even use small containers to depot items like foundation, concealer, lipstick, picked specifically for that client.
5. Prepare our protective gears; face shields, face mask and gloves (as needed)
Here’s the vlog of what happened on the actual day! #makeupbytoniaviles #toniavilesbride